Error occured when dropping column with formating such as change-type

Dear datagrok team,

I use datagrok version 1.18.6. and loading file from data-sync mode.

I found occuring error when changing formatting on a column and re-open the source file without the column. Let me explain more in detail.

Original examplified source file includes only molecule and index columns. After changing data-type from integer to string on index, I saved the project. So, you can see below, index column’s data type has been set as string.

However, after column was excluded from the source I couldn’t reopen the project with NullError: method not found: ‘gX’ on null, as you can see below.

Formatting column is a frequently used function, and deleting or missing formatted columns might happen. I wonder if you could use try/except block for applying format information to columns.

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.
Kosuke

Hi Kosuke,

If I get you correct, you had a project, where you had 2 columns from the source and changed the type for the index column, but now you excluded the index column from the source and opened the same project, but it couldn’t open. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If that’s the case, I got it and we will think about the issue and fix it as soon as possible. Thank you for your feedback!

Kind regards,
Dmytro

1 Like

Hi, Dmytro,
Exactly what you explained is my issue. It would be helpful if you deal with it.

Of course, we usually don’t remove necessary columns such as index, but some unnecessary formatted columns can be excluded. This issue will avoid can’t-open-Project problem.

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.
Kosuke

1 Like