New "marker-by" scatterplot feature fails rendering with many data points

Hi Team,
While playing with the new “marker-by” setting for the scatterplot, I realized that it doesn’t render properly when choosing a property with a certain (high) number of categories.
Please see video below:

Hi Nico!

Thank you for your comment. We’ve just fixed this bug. The update will be coming soon.

Please note that with a large number of categories, the variety of markers will not be enough. In this case, the markers will be reused by other categories. In general, “marker-by” mechanism is not intended to be used on a wide variety of categories because it is unrealistic to create too many forms. There are now 18 marker shapes used for “marker-by” feature.

Cool, thanks.

Yes, I didn’t intend to use it with that many categories, but I just stumbled over it and was confused to see only few markers, until I started hovering.

I just stumbled over this today and wondered why there is a black big star, compared to the other blue and smaller stars:

It must be the change markers usually have to indicate the current record in a table. @aydar.akhmetov could you please confirm that this is the correct size for the star marker on a current record?

Yes, it seems like it’s the marker of the currently highlighted row.
Just one note:
The star seems to be the only shape which gets bigger when highlighted, as well as solid black, whereas other shapes stay in their current size and only their border gets black

Yes, it’s the marker of the currently highlighted row. Indeed, only a multi-pointed star has such a strange highlighted marker. The reason is a large number of thin lines in the marker. When you stroke, thin lines inevitably become thicker than they were.

When you stroke, thin lines inevitably become thicker than they were.

Well, it’s a bug and users don’t care about the inner workings of the rendering engine. Let’s either change the marker shape (or get rid of it altogether), or the way we render it.

Removed this marker from the list.