UX improvement suggestions for the filter panel

Hi Team,

After playing with the filter panel for a bit, I would have the following improvement suggestions:

1. The horizontal scrolling is not consistent between categorical and continuous filter items:

Could we make that consistent and possibly allow to scale both (no horizontal scroll bar at all)?
  2. The categorical filters labels do overlap with their vertical scroll bar:
    Could we try to make that fit?
  3. Expanding the filter options for continuous data filters using the magnifier glass icon is confusing, can we use a different icon (I think this has already been reported by some colleagues)
  4. Date ranges cannot be defined using a date picker (unless this is an issue with parsing and typing dates?

Thanks
Nico

Hi Nico, yes, it all makes sense. See details below.

The horizontal scrolling is not consistent between categorical and continuous filter items. Could we make that consistent and possibly allow to scale both (no horizontal scroll bar at all)?

Yes, we’ll make that consistent - categorical filters will expand better, and will shrink a bit as well if needed. Also, when a filter group is made too wide, we plan to add a second column with filters. Considering this, we are not sure we can hide the scroll bar completely - but we’ll see what could be done (perhaps we’ll hide it if there is only one column with filters).

The categorical filters labels do overlap with their vertical scroll bar. Could we try to make that fit?

This will be improved.

Expanding the filter options for continuous data filters using the magnifier glass icon is confusing, can we use a different icon (I think this has already been reported by some colleagues)

OK, you’ve convinced me :slight_smile:

Date ranges cannot be defined using a date picker (unless this is an issue with parsing and typing dates?

Indeed, this has not been implemented yet. We’ll prioritize it.

1 Like

The horizontal scrolling is not consistent between categorical and continuous filter items. Could we make that consistent and possibly allow to scale both (no horizontal scroll bar at all)?

Done (wasn’t as easy as I thought it would). Both numerical and categorical filters are now expanding freely between 200 and 250 pixels.

The categorical filters labels do overlap with their vertical scroll bar. Could we try to make that fit?

This is done as well.

1 Like