Working with entities and properties

I have some open questions to the JS entity object:

• is it possible to delete an entity from DG API (couldn’t find a method in the JS API)?
  • how can I delete / remove properties from entity?
  • is there a way to query / manage properties through API or DG interface?

Something else I’ve spotted during development (maybe this is a bug or enhancement request): It’s impossible to delete any entity object which has associated properties in the DG database (due to foreign key dependencies). A cascading delete or some other ways to remove entity properties would be great.

1. There is no delete() method exposed in dapi, I will add it shortly.
  2. No method to do it too. I will make it.
  3. There are dapi.entities.getProperties and dapi.entities.saveProperties. Now there is no way to manage them from UI.

Regarding cascade delete – indeed, there is an issue with deleting such entities. There is already a ticket, will be fixed shortly too.

Thanks for reporting!

1 Like

Thanks for providing this information.

Actually, you can delete an entity from DG API. You can check this commit for the API sample of deleting an entity.

3 Likes

Also, we added ability to delete entity properties, this will work in the next dev-build. For example, you will be able to use this with this command:
grok.dapi.entities.deleteProperties([{'entityId': 'some_entityId', 'property': 'some_property'}]);

4 Likes